My Published Work

MY PUBLISHED WORK
Rebuilding Year Breakthrough Game Box of Cows Spirit Legends Anthology Fantasy Paranormal Anthology - I

Monday, January 14, 2013

Split Attention

Happy Monday!


Well the 50k in 30 days didn’t go so well. I got 11 K done in a little over a week and then suddenly my brain wanted to write something else. This is part of why I don’t complete things that are more than 20K without a lot of starts and stops.

So now I have a paranormal hockey story based of the song Tam Lin that is sitting at around 11 K. I am right at the point where he goes missing and Janet has to go off and save him. Oh and my Janet is a minister who hunts vampires. 

And story that is set in an America that has survived a second Civil war. This war was between people who dealt in Faith and people who dealt in Magic - neither side realizing that they were using the same power, they were just focusing it differently. The hero in that one is a young man working for an alliance of people with faith and people with magic trying to get things back to some semblance of normality after a war that both sides think they have won. While out on a job the boy, Zeke, gets followed home by a woman in wolf form. She’s not like the werewolves that Zeke knows.

The first story is something that is all set up and I can just write if I can force myself to focus on it.

The second story I would need to spend time setting up the world and the characters and then I have to write it, but that is where I am being drawn right now. I may have to give it a shot, I mean you can’t know what is going to work until you give it a try, right?
 
Maybe I can balance the two.

How about you? What are you guys up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment